According to tradition prayed 15 times a day from St. Andrew’s Day (30 November) until Christmas
Hail and blessed be the hour and moment
in which the Son of God was born
of a most pure Virgin Mary
at midnight, in Bethlehem, in the piercing cold.
At that hour vouchsafe, O my God,
to hear my prayers and grant my desires:
(Mention your intentions here)
through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ,
and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.
Reference: The Little Blue Book, (c) 2011 Diocese of Saginaw (http://www.littlebooks.org)
- Darlene Amore on Buy the Book
- Jennifer Fulwiler (@conversiondiary) on Book Review: Something Other Than God (updated)
- Fr. Benjamin Sember on What does the Catholic faith say about shootings? Subtitle: is Elliot Rodger in Hell?
- Franklin on What does the Catholic faith say about shootings? Subtitle: is Elliot Rodger in Hell?
- Jan & Nancy on FrBenjamin – Peter and Paul the sinners
TagsAdvent Apocalypse Art Baptism Benedict XVI Celibacy Christmas Confession Death Discipleship Easter End of the World Eucharist Evangelization Faith Family Fatherhood Film Forgiveness Happiness Heaven History Holiness Holy Spirit Jesus John Paul II Lent Love Marriage Mother Mary Movie Reviews Pilgrimage Politics Pope Francis Prayer Priesthood Pro-Life Resurrection Spiritual life Stewardship Teaching the faith The Mass Travel Video Women