Lent, first Sunday. Jesus is tempted to give up the belief that God is his Heavenly Father. Here are the temptations:
- Turn stones into bread: God won’t provide for me.
- Jump off the temple: God won’t protect me.
- Worship Satan: Not content to be the Son of God.
Jesus passes all these temptations. He waits for God to provide, doesn’t need proof that God will protect him, and he is content to be the Son of God. The God news of the Gospel is that we have been made God’s beloved children. Do we believe this? Do we live it? Repent, and believe in the Gospel.
(26 Feb 2012):2012lent1.mp3|titles=We
TagsAdvent Apocalypse Art Baptism Benedict XVI Celibacy Christmas Confession Death Discipleship Easter End of the World Eucharist Evangelization Faith Family Fatherhood Film Forgiveness Happiness Heaven History Holiness Holy Spirit Jesus John Paul II Lent Love Marriage Mother Mary Movie Reviews Pilgrimage Politics Pope Francis Prayer Priesthood Pro-Life Resurrection Spiritual life Stewardship Teaching the faith The Mass Travel Video Women
- November (7)
- Cremation and the Catholic Church
- Dig up Your Faith and Start Investing It (#450, 33rd Sunday)
- Mass of Christian Burial
- Throw the Money Changers Out of Your Heart (#449, Lateran Basilica)
- How to Bury the Dead
- The Dead Pray for You (#448, All Souls)
- Heaven Reflected in the Faces of the Saints (#447, All Saints)
- October (7)
- September (7)
- August (6)
- July (13)
- June (17)
- May (9)
- April (10)
- March (15)
- February (8)
- January (8)
- November (7)