Lent, first Sunday. Jesus is tempted to give up the belief that God is his Heavenly Father. Here are the temptations:
- Turn stones into bread: God won’t provide for me.
- Jump off the temple: God won’t protect me.
- Worship Satan: Not content to be the Son of God.
Jesus passes all these temptations. He waits for God to provide, doesn’t need proof that God will protect him, and he is content to be the Son of God. The God news of the Gospel is that we have been made God’s beloved children. Do we believe this? Do we live it? Repent, and believe in the Gospel.
(26 Feb 2012):2012lent1.mp3|titles=We
- Mike and Joan on +403+ Our Sacrifices make a soft place for Jesus (Immaculate Conception)
- Jim on Search Party, an album for the Lost (2014)
- MB on God calls us by name (31st Sunday OT)
- kjett80 on Why Christians should be disengaged from the culture
- NancyMary Ellefson on +350+ Controversy! Pope says Church should preach Jesus (28th Sunday)
TagsAdvent Apocalypse Art Baptism Benedict XVI Celibacy Christmas Confession Death Discipleship Easter End of the World Eucharist Faith Family Fatherhood Film Food Forgiveness Happiness Heaven History Holiness Holy Spirit Hope John Paul II Lent Marriage Motherhood Mother Mary Movie Reviews Pilgrimage Politics Pope Francis Prayer Priesthood Pro-Life Resurrection Spiritual life Stewardship Teaching the faith The Mass Travel Video Women
Subscribe to the Homily Podcast
- December (7)
- +403+ Our Sacrifices make a soft place for Jesus (Immaculate Conception)
- Mary helps us take our first faith steps (Advent 2)
- +402+ The Crooked Yardstick, and how to stop measuring Yourself (Advent 2)
- +401+ Wake Up and start putting God First (Advent 1)
- Search Party, an album for the Lost (2014)
- Make your hearts ready for Jesus (Advent 1 - family Mass)
- We're expecting! (Advent 1)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (7)
- August (8)
- July (4)
- June (9)
- May (9)
- April (12)
- March (13)
- February (10)
- January (7)
- December (7)