The moment when Jesus was baptized in the Jordan river (Matthew 4:13-17) reveals to us that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who is exactly like His Father in all things. Jesus is not the son of a violent or fighting god, but the Son of a gentle and peaceful God. In our baptism, we have been adopted as sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. As Jesus reveals Himself during His ministry, He also challenges us to become more like Him in our thoughts, in our words, and in our actions.
- Darlene Amore on Buy the Book
- Jennifer Fulwiler (@conversiondiary) on Book Review: Something Other Than God (updated)
- Fr. Benjamin Sember on What does the Catholic faith say about shootings? Subtitle: is Elliot Rodger in Hell?
- Franklin on What does the Catholic faith say about shootings? Subtitle: is Elliot Rodger in Hell?
- Jan & Nancy on FrBenjamin – Peter and Paul the sinners
TagsAdvent Apocalypse Art Baptism Benedict XVI Celibacy Christmas Confession Death Discipleship Easter End of the World Eucharist Evangelization Faith Family Fatherhood Film Forgiveness Happiness Heaven History Holiness Holy Spirit Jesus John Paul II Lent Love Marriage Mother Mary Movie Reviews Pilgrimage Politics Pope Francis Prayer Priesthood Pro-Life Resurrection Spiritual life Stewardship Teaching the faith The Mass Travel Video Women