The moment when Jesus was baptized in the Jordan river (Matthew 4:13-17) reveals to us that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who is exactly like His Father in all things. Jesus is not the son of a violent or fighting god, but the Son of a gentle and peaceful God. In our baptism, we have been adopted as sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. As Jesus reveals Himself during His ministry, He also challenges us to become more like Him in our thoughts, in our words, and in our actions.
TagsAdvent Apocalypse Art Baptism Benedict XVI Celibacy Christmas Confession Death Discipleship Easter End of the World Eucharist Evangelization Faith Family Fatherhood Film Forgiveness Happiness Heaven History Holiness Holy Spirit Hope Jesus John Paul II Lent Marriage Mother Mary Movie Reviews Pilgrimage Politics Pope Francis Prayer Priesthood Pro-Life Resurrection Spiritual life Stewardship Teaching the faith The Mass Travel Video Women
- February (8)
- Welcome to the Future
- Washed and Clothed with Your True Identity (#515, Lent 1)
- This Lent, Don't Just Keep Doing What You've Been Doing
- A Truth to Guide You in the Desert of Doubt (#514, Ash Wednesday)
- If Your Computer Died Tonight, Would Your Data Be Saved?
- A Love-ly Lent in 3 Simple Steps (#513, 6th Sunday)
- Building Disciples of Christ (Bishop's Appeal 2015)
- Christ Fully Reveals Man to Himself -- and how Atheists Can be Saved
- January (7)
- February (8)