This spring my parish just completed our fourth consecutive walking pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help. It’s the only approved Marian apparition site in North America, and it happens to be a convenient 55 miles from my parishes. It shocked and surprised people when I first told them I [...]
5 Days, 13 walkers, 58 miles — another successful walking pilgrimage! We found that forming community was hard work. Only the Holy Trinity forms community easily because God is not afraid to give. The family images the Trinity, and so does the parish. These lead us to realize that we are welcomed into the Heavenly family of God himself. Do not be afraid to give; the Father gives so much more in return.
Faith is a journey from where we are, to where God wants us to be. The story of Naaman the Syrian is one example of the journey of faith. He was seeking only for a physical healing, but through his journey he found faith in the Lord God. Human life is a journey towards God, a journey towards glory, and we do not walk this journey alone but Jesus Christ walks with us.
Ordinary Time, 11th Sunday. God invites us to trust in Him instead of in ourselves. This is what it means to “walk by faith.” This is what we experienced on the walking pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Good [...]
On our pilgrimage through life, we drag all kinds of baggage around [...]
Quick info on the Walking Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help, June 6 – June 10
PDF Brochure Pilgrimage 2011 includes the application form
Bishop David Ricken of the Diocese of Green Bay, Wisconsin, made history on December 8th, 2010. He became the first bishop in the United States to formally approve an apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
In 1859, Our Lady had appeared three times to a young Belgian farm girl at a spot north east of [...]
- Jennifer Fulwiler (@conversiondiary) on Book Review: Something Other Than God (updated)
- Fr. Benjamin Sember on What does the Catholic faith say about shootings? Subtitle: is Elliot Rodger in Hell?
- Franklin on What does the Catholic faith say about shootings? Subtitle: is Elliot Rodger in Hell?
- Jan & Nancy on FrBenjamin – Peter and Paul the sinners
- Rafael Medina on What does the Catholic faith say about shootings? Subtitle: is Elliot Rodger in Hell?
TagsAdvent Apocalypse Art Baptism Benedict XVI Celibacy Christmas Confession Death Discipleship Easter End of the World Eucharist Evangelization Faith Family Fatherhood Film Forgiveness Happiness Heaven History Holiness Holy Spirit Jesus John Paul II Lent Love Marriage Mother Mary Movie Reviews Pilgrimage Politics Pope Francis Prayer Priesthood Pro-Life Resurrection Spiritual life Stewardship Teaching the faith The Mass Travel Video Women
- July (10)
- Book Review: Something Other Than God (updated)
- Little Seeds Bear Great Fruit (#433, 16th Sunday)
- Murder is not Mercy
- FrBenjamin - The garden of the soul (15th Sunday)
- Planting Seeds of Love and Truth (#432, 15th Sunday)
- Why the Catholic Church is not accepting same-sex marriage
- Subscribe to Brother Priests (Apple or Android devices)
- FrBenjamin - Freedom inside the lines (14th Sun, Independence Day)
- 3 Tips to Lighten Your Load (#431, 14th Sunday)
- The Savior is IN (Homily for Corpus Christi)
- June (17)
- May (9)
- April (10)
- March (15)
- February (8)
- January (8)
- July (10)