Faith is a journey from where we are, to where God wants us to be. The story of Naaman the Syrian is one example of the journey of faith. He was seeking only for a physical healing, but through his journey he found faith in the Lord God. Human life is a journey towards God, a journey towards glory, and we do not walk this journey alone but Jesus Christ walks with us.
Ordinary Time, 11th Sunday. God invites us to trust in Him instead of in ourselves. This is what it means to “walk by faith.” This is what we experienced on the walking pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Good [...]
On our pilgrimage through life, we drag all kinds of baggage around [...]
Quick info on the Walking Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help, June 6 – June 10
PDF Brochure Pilgrimage 2011 includes the application form
Bishop David Ricken of the Diocese of Green Bay, Wisconsin, made history on December 8th, 2010. He became the first bishop in the United States to formally approve an apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
In 1859, Our Lady had appeared three times to a young Belgian farm girl at a spot north east of [...]
VATICAN CITY, 6 NOV 2010 (VIS) – At 4.30 p.m. today Benedict XVI celebrated Mass for the Holy Year of Santiago de Compostela in the city’s Plaza de Obradoiro, so called because it once housed the workshops of the stonemasons who worked on the cathedral. The square was able to accommodate some 8,000 people while [...]
I’m out of the office this week, I tell people.
“On vacation?”, they ask.
“No, I’ll be on pilgrimage.”
“Yes. I’m walking from Oshkosh to Holy Hill. It’s a distance of 65 miles.”
“What?????? You’re walking???”
Yes, I am. The tradition of the pilgrimage is one of the oldest in our faith. Here [...]
- Jacob Rudd on The “three days of darkness” – what should Catholics think?
- Pope Francis on Pope Francis’ invitation to Protestants
- Amy Dessart on +415+ Lean on God and you’ll never Fall (Lent 1)
- The Flash on Pope Francis’ invitation to Protestants
- Maria on +409+ Should Christians be Tolerant of other Religions? (2nd Sunday)
TagsAdvent Apocalypse Art Baptism Benedict XVI Celibacy Christmas Confession Death Discipleship Easter End of the World Eucharist Evangelization Faith Family Fatherhood Film Forgiveness Happiness Heaven History Holiness Holy Spirit Jesus John Paul II Lent Love Marriage Mother Mary Movie Reviews Pilgrimage Politics Pope Francis Prayer Priesthood Pro-Life Resurrection Spiritual life Stewardship Teaching the faith The Mass Travel Video Women
Subscribe to the Homily Podcast
- April (8)
- FrBenjamin - Life is stronger than death (Easter Sunday)
- +422+ How to Start a New Life (Easter)
- FrBenjamin - Baptism gives us new life (Easter Vigil)
- FrBenjamin - Jesus jumped in to push us out (Good Friday)
- +421+ Rescue Operation Thirty-Three (Good Friday)
- +420+ Jesus has no Regrets (Palm Sunday)
- FrBenjamin - Jesus is a humble king (Palm Sunday)
- +419+ Are you really Friends with Jesus? (Lent 5)
- March (15)
- February (8)
- January (8)
- April (8)